Stuffed Artichoke with Oriental Noodle Salad
Ingredients for Salad:
- 4 medium California artichokes, prepared and cooked as directed for whole artichokes
- 6 ounces dried Chinese noodles OR spaghettini broken into 2-inch lengths
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup shredded radishes
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onion
- 4 ounces fresh snow peas, blanched and cut into thin diagonal strips
Ingredients for Dressing:
- ½ cup unseasoned rice wine vinegar
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp grated orange peel
- 1½ tbsp light soy sauce (reduced sodium)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 4 tsp peanut oil
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger root, finely minced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- Halve artichokes lengthwise. Remove and discard center petals and fizzy center; set artichokes aside.
- Cook pasta until done but slightly firm, rinse and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients.
- In a large bowl combine pasta, cucumber, carrots, radishes, green onions, and snow peas.
- Toss noodle mixture with HALF of the dressing; reserve the remaining half.
- Arrange two artichoke halves on each plate. Spoon noodles into halves.
- Use reserve dressing as dip for artichoke leaves. Serve immediately.
Yield: Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Information: 335 Calories; 12g Protein; 60g Carbohydrates; 7g Fat; 19% Calories from fat; 3% Calories from saturated fat; 352mg Sodium; 0mg Cholesterol; 7g Dietary fiber.
Courtesy California Artichoke Advisory Board