Baby Artichokes, Ham, & Fettuccini
- 1 cup smoked ham, julienned
- 2 tbsp shallot, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, chopped
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 4 cups hot cooked fettuccini
- 1½ cup cooked baby artichokes, halved or quartered depending upon size*
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese, or to taste
- 2 tbsp EACH chopped ripe and green olives
Courtesy California Artichoke Advisory Board
- Saute ham, shallot and garlic in butter.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Add fettuccini and toss.
- Add artichokes; heat through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and olives.
*For preparation of baby artichokes see the directions and photos under Basic Preparation. You will need about 2 pounds of chokes, approximately 20-24 artichokes.
- After trimming to hearts, cook in boiling water, flavored with lemon juice & garlic until just tender. Let the chokes cool; cut in half or quarters.