- 4 medium California artichokes, prepared and cooked as directed for whole artichokes
- 1/2 pound tomatoes, seeded, and chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp minced shallots
- 1/4 cup minced green pepper
- 1/4 cup peeled and chopped cucumber
- 2 tsp chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 to 6 drops red pepper sauce
- In blender or food processor, place tomatoes, tomato paste, vinegar, lime juice and oil. Cover and process until blended.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl; stir in remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
Yield: Makesabout 1 cup, serves 4 as a dip with artichokes.
Nutritional Information: 97 Calories; 5g Protein; 18g Carbohydrates; 2g Fat; 20% Calories from fat; 3% Calories from saturated fat; 170mg Sodium; 0mg Cholesterol; 5g Dietary fiber.
Courtesy California Artichoke Advisory Board