Casanova’s Appassionata Dip
This is a dish to share with someone special. Get rid of your knives and forks and start the evening with finger food, an artichoke with a delicious dip.
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1½ tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 tbsp prepared horseradish
- ½ tsp salt
- chopped chives, garnish
- In a bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, chives, horseradish and salt; chill.
- Garnish with additional chives. Serve with steamed artichoke(s).
To prepare artichokes:
Courtesy California Artichoke Advisory Board
- Wash and trim stem so artichoke stands upright.
- Cut off top quarter of artichoke; if desired, snip tips off remaining petals with kitchen scissors.
- Stand prepared artichoke in deep saucepan or pot with 3 inches of boiling water. Oil, lemon juice, and seasonings may be added to cooking water, if desired.
- Cover and boil gently, checking water level occasionally, 25 to 40 minutes depending upon size or until a petal near the center pulls out easily.