- 2 medium California artichokes
- Lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- ½ cup vertically sliced onion
- 1 cup cored, seeded, sliced and quartered tomato
¼ cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pepper, to taste
- Shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Bend back outer petals of artichokes until they snap off easily near base. Edible
portion of petals should remain on artichoke heart.
- Continue to snap off and
discard thick petals until central core of pale green petals is reached.
- Cut off stems
and top 2 inches of artichokes; discard.
- Trim outer dark green layer from artichoke
- Dip or rub all surfaces with lemon juice.
- Quarter artichokes lengthwise.
- Remove center petals and fuzzy centers.
- Heat oil in skillet or wok.
- Add artichokes,
zucchini and onion; stir-fry until vegetables are tender.
- Add tomato, olives, parsley,
oregano, salt and pepper; stir-fry until thoroughly heated.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan
cheese before serving.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe courtesy of California Artichoke Advisory Board