- 16 California baby artichokes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 half chicken breasts, skinned, boned and cut into chunks
- 2 red or yellow onions, sliced thick
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon each chopped fresh basil and rosemary or 1 teaspoon each dried basil and rosemary, crushed
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 pound fettuccine, cooked and drained
- Prepare artichokes as directed for Baby Artichokes (see Basic Preparation); cut into halves.
- Brown chicken in large skillet with 2 tablespoons oil; remove from pan and set aside.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil and sauté onions until tender.
- Add artichokes to skillet with garlic, basil and rosemary.
- Cook until artichokes are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in browned chicken and drizzle with chicken broth; heat through.
- Salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
- Serve over hot fettuccine.
Yield: Makes 4 servings.